Thursday, July 31, 2014

Just born this way





   I found this 2nd Grade letter in some papers my grandparents had saved.  I'm guessing we were told to write a letter to our parrunts and I was living with them at the time.

   I have no memory of writing the letter so I don't know what was on my mind at the time, but after formally inquiring about my sister and brother (who lived there with me, as a matter of fact) I got right to the point. It would would seem there was waerk to be done and I was willing to do it. I would do the work like Daniel Boone. 

   This morning I sat down to make a to-do list.  And even as I wrote it, I was aware that more than half the list was made up of projects I've assigned myself, things no one is making me do. 

  Are worker bees born or made? I guess it's in my DNA. I can't change who I am. But I did change one thing. A year or so after I wrote this note, when someone checked my birth certificate, I learned I'd been spelling my name wrong.  My mother had forgotten that my Anne had an 'e' on the end.

  Ok, enough about the letter. I need to get back to work.




No comments:

Post a Comment