Sunday, August 9, 2009

A new path

After leading the editorial staff for 11 wonderful issues (the August 09 issue of Metro is in done and awaiting printing) I've ended my relationship with Spokane Metro Magazine. I resigned August 5 to pursue other creative avenues.
It was a bittersweet decision. While I loved every minute of interacting with the public as well as coming up with story ideas and working with writers and photographers, I realized that my ideals and that of the parent company were at odds.
As I told my family when I made the decision to leave Metro, no matter what else is on the table it's important to hold to one's values and principles.
I wish the publisher and the company only the best. And I look forward to reading the magazine in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment